HI EVERYONE! 👋
As we’re sure you’ll be aware, things are now a bit different here at the wall. We have implemented the following measures to adhere to Government and Industry guidelines, to protect yourselves and our lovely staff.
1. Face coverings must be worn at all times except for when you are climbing.
2. We ask that you download the NHS COVID-19 app and scan the QR code which is visible upon entry to the building
3. All sessions should be pre-booked and pre-paid via your TeamUp account online, which can be accessed through the website http://www.sunderlandwall.com. We no longer work on a drop in basis, if you turn up and there is space we may allow you to enter, but please be aware this may not be the case. There is a new COVID T&C and Waiver to read through and sign before you are allowed to book. Please make sure you read through these and understand what we’ve put in place! If you are unsure on how to do any of this there are tutorial videos on our website.
4. All sessions are 2 hours. To ensure safety for all, we have restricted the areas in which you can climb – sessions are split between Top Rope, Lead and Autos; and Bouldering. If the centre is not at capacity for either big wall or bouldering, we may allow people to move between the two or stay longer than your session time, but this is at our instructors discretion and please ensure it is okay to do so beforehand.
5. All participants attending roped sessions will undergo an assessment on your first visit back to the centre. This is to ensure we are adhering to Industry guidelines regarding concerns of skill fade amongst climbers. Please note that this is mandatory and is for everyone’s safety here at the wall.
6. We have now been advised loose chalk is safe to use, so all forms of chalk are permitted.
7. We have implemented different zones throughout the centre, these are clearly visible across the floor of the main walls. Please stick to them whilst using roped areas and distance yourselves accordingly in the bouldering area. There are no markings within the bouldering area but please observe distancing rules as usual.
8. Social distancing must be practised in the centre at all times. Please adhere to government guidelines on distancing.
9. Please wash hands in the sink as you come through the door before you begin to do anything else. There are also a number of hand sanitising stations throughout as you walk through the building, we ask that you use these on a regular basis.
10. You must wear a face covering upon entry to and whilst walking around the building.
11. As much as we love them here, for the time being dogs will not be permitted in the building
12. Please follow all government guidelines for who you will be permitted to climb with.
13. Hot drinks are now being served again, but current guidance states these must be served outdoors while seated.
14. New members are now welcome, as well anyone wishing to come for a taster session or participate in kids groups.