HI EVERYONE! 👋
As we’re sure you’ll be aware, things are now a bit different here at the wall. We have implemented the following measures to adhere to Government and Industry guidelines, to protect yourselves and our lovely staff.
1. You must wear a face covering upon entering the building and when moving around in areas other than where you will be climbing.
2. We ask that you download the NHS COVID-19 app and scan the QR code which is visible upon entry to the building
3. All sessions should be pre-booked and pre-paid via your TeamUp account online, which can be accessed through the website http://www.sunderlandwall.com. We no longer work on a drop in basis, if you turn up and there is space we may allow you to enter, but please be aware this may not be the case. There is a new COVID T&C and Waiver to read through and sign before you are allowed to book. Please make sure you read through these and understand what we’ve put in place! If you are unsure on how to do any of this there are tutorial videos on our website.
4. All sessions are 2 hours. To ensure safety for all, we have restricted the areas in which you can climb – sessions are split between Top Rope, Lead and Autos; and Bouldering. If the centre is not at capacity for either big wall or bouldering, we may allow people to move between the two, but this is at our instructors discretion and please ask before doing so.
5. All participants attending roped sessions will undergo an assessment on your first visit back to the centre. This is to ensure we are adhering to Industry guidelines regarding concerns of skill fade amongst climbers. Please note that this is mandatory and is for everyone’s safety here at the wall.
6. We are allowing the use of liquid chalk and chalk balls, no loose chalk is to be used around the centre.
7. We have implemented different zones throughout the centre, these are clearly visible across the floor of the main walls. Please stick to them whilst using roped areas and distance yourselves accordingly in the bouldering area. There are no markings within the bouldering area but please observe distancing rules as usual.
8. Social distancing must be practised in the centre at all times (this equates to four squares on the floor!)
9. Please wash hands in the sink as you come through the door before you begin to do anything else. There are also a number of hand sanitising stations throughout as you walk through the building, we ask that you use these on a regular basis.
10. We strongly advise the use of a facial covering/mask on entering and exiting the centre, as well as when you are not climbing.
11. As much as we love them here, dogs are no longer allowed in the building
12. As per new government guidelines, any groups turning up consisting of more than 6 people will be not be able to use the premise.
13. Hot drinks are still being served but these are now table service only (please be aware we have very limited seating at the moment).