HI EVERYONE! 👋
Guidelines around COVID and what we can and can’t do have changed significantly over the past couple of months.. please read through the below for what is happening around the centre.
1. Whilst face coverings are no longer compulsory, we still advise the use of them around the centre and ask that you are considerate of others who may wish to continue to do so.
2. We ask that you download the NHS COVID-19 app and scan the QR code which is visible upon entry to the building
3. All sessions should be pre-booked and pre-paid via your TeamUp account online, which can be accessed through the website http://www.sunderlandwall.com. There is a new COVID T&C and Waiver to read through and sign before you are allowed to book. Please make sure you read through these and understand what we’ve put in place! If you are unsure on how to do any of this there are tutorial videos on our website.
4. Each session still has an allocated time slot, but if we are not busy as you come towards the end of your slot you are more than welcome to stay longer. Sessions are still split between Top Rope, Lead and Autos; and Bouldering. If either area is not so busy we may allow people to move between the two or stay longer than your session time, but this is at our instructors discretion and please ensure it is okay to do so beforehand.
5. All participants attending roped sessions will undergo an assessment on your first visit back to the centre. This is to ensure we are adhering to Industry guidelines regarding concerns of skill fade amongst climbers. Please note that this is mandatory and is for everyone’s safety here at the wall.
6. We have now been advised loose chalk is safe to use, so all forms of chalk are permitted.
7. We still encourage people to distance themselves accordingly, again this is now your choice and we advise that you respect some people may wish to continue to do so.
8. Please wash hands in the sink as you come through the door before you begin to do anything else. There are also a number of hand sanitising stations throughout as you walk through the building, we ask that you use these on a regular basis.
9. The café is now back up and running as normal, so hot and cold drinks, as well as snacks and hot food are all being served.
10. New members are more than welcome, as well anyone wishing to come for a taster session or participate in kids groups.